Nick is a highly experienced cameraman and zoologist. He delivers cutting-edge, quality footage for documentaries that entertain, inspire and educate. Having filmed for the BBC, Channel 4, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, Discovery, Smithsonian Channel, etc., Nick specialises in Wildlife, Presenter-led, OBS-DOC, Feature and Human Interest programming. In his quest to bring exciting themes to the fore, he has honed a multitude of versatile skills:
- Super-telephoto lens work
- Sequence shooting
- Shooting from helipcopters and fix winged aircraft
- Shoulder-mounted "run & gun"
- High-Speed, macro, infra-red & timelapse
- Highly experienced filming with most cameras - including Sony F Series (F55, F5), Varicam 35, HS & LT, HDCam750's, F900, RED Cameras, Phantom high-speed, C500, C300, DSLR's, Go-Pros and more.
- Competency setting up and running professional sound recording (if required)
- Drone professional for the past 6 years (PfCO certified with CAA)
- Valid I-VISA for US filming
Nick has filmed in 20+ African countries, as well as in Europe, Asia and North America. He has experience working in both hostile and friendly areas; from extreme weather and terrain; to politically sensitive settings. Both locally and internationally, he has worked well with directors, and self-directed in remote destinations.
Nick loves wildlife, highlighted by a BSc in Zoology from London, and an MSc in African mammals from the highly-respected Mammal Research Institute in South Africa. His knowledge of animals, particularly in Africa, is excellent. This is due to his thousands of active hours spent tracking, following, studying and filming animals. He is experienced and skilled in reading animal behaviour, which is advantageous for filming behavioural sequences; as well as respecting their boundaries and needs. Nick is an experienced diver (PADI Advanced Open Water SCUBA Diving Certification), and has filmed several underwater projects.
Nick is a highly experienced professional cameraman and zoologist. He delivers cutting edge footage for documentaries that entertain, inspire and educate. He specialises in Wildlife, Presenter-Led, OBS-DOC, Feature and Human Interest programming. Valid I-VISA for US filming.
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved